My dear friend Dory told me that pub quizzes are an excellent opportunity to meet other expats (and locals who want to show off their English prowess). And whatever Dory says I believe. So one of the first things I did when arriving to Amsterdam was find a pub quiz to join. I arrived on Thursday. Tomorrow, Tuesday, will be my first. Here are the categories from the organizer:
1) Farm Animals – Oh yes, I grew up in Friesland so prepare for some questions about cows, goats, horses, etc. haha!
2) Amsterdam in their Golden Century! Some history, some fun facts, what will it bring?!
3) Music: Thee boybands & girlbands from the ’90s. Oh yes, from the BSB to Westlife and back ;-).
4) Photo round: Amsterdam buildings and businesses…
5) My favourite TV shows from the 80s! Namely, The A-Team, MacGyver en Airwolf!
I’m going to own 3 & 5. She basically listed my favorite 80s shows. (Only the Facts of Life and Greatest American Hero are missing.) I’m basically screwed with the others. Wish me luck!
Or come along!
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:15 PM to 11:00 PM